The Augustinian Monastery
The monastery of the barefoot Augustinians (the Eremites) with the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary is an early Baroque building from 1642–1666. The building of the monastery, which was abolished during the Josephine reforms in the 1st half of the 19th century, was rebuilt and converted into a prison and has been preserved in this form to this day. Since the 90s of the 20th century, the headquarters and professional workplaces of the Hussite Museum in Tábor are located here. In 2017–2019 an extensive reconstruction was carried out, which rehabilitated the basic elements of the former monastery, the paradise courtyard and the ambit.
náměstí Mikuláše z Husi 44, 390 01 Tábor